A funny thing happened within the last few months - I stopped eating meat! I know shocking isn't it? I can't explain it, it just kind of happened. It could have been many things:
- the sight and smell of carcasses hanging in the shops and markets.
- signs around town with pictures of animals saying, "don't kill me."
- graphic signs at cafeteria at Meditation Pyramid saying "don't murder animals" and "stop eating flesh."
- Judy at cooking class in Goa calling meat flesh, "bring me the flesh," "let's cook the flesh."
- yoga book stating unhealthy to eat meat.
I've ordered special meals for the plane (I'm special!): I think it's "lacto ovo veg." There are so many options on the plane. "Hindu veg," "Jain veg" and I think there was a "lacto, ovo, seafood veg" option too...
In India it is so easy to be vegetarian. Many restaurants are strictly veg and almost all others will have a veg menu and a non veg menu. The question is will this last once I get back to Canada? Most people we know are serious carnivores, it could be difficult.