1) Since India's independence in 1947 the average life expectancy has risen from:
a) 40 years to 63 years
b) 45 years to 72 years
c) 36 years to 58 years
2) India has what percent of the world's population?
3) What percent of India's population lives below the poverty line today?
4) What is India's largest export industry?
a) gems and jewelery
b) ready-made garments
5) At independance (in 1947) India's literacy rate was 18%. What is it today?
6) What are the two national languages of India?
a) Hindi and Urdu
b) Hindi and English
c) Hindi and Bengali
7) How many countries does India border?
8)Faiths that evolved in India include Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikism. What percentage of the Indian people are of the Hindu faith?
9) What is a geyser in India?
a) a communal hot pool
b) a water heater
c) a bout of diarrhea
10) Bangalore is a city in Southern India known for:
a) being the "Garden City."
b) being one of the cleanest cities in India.
c)being called "Ban-Galore" due to no dancing allowed and pubs must close at 11:00pm.
d) all of the above
e) a & bScroll down for answers
Answers 1)a, 2)b, 3)b, 4)a, 5)c, 6)b, 7) c (Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar (Burma), and Bangladesh), 8)a, 9)b, 10)d